The best and most authentic books are as follows for Indian or Hindu Philosophy:
- Four Vedas (VedaH Pramanam: for every hindu philosopher, vedas are the most authentic book irrespective of cast, creed, path s/he follows)
- Upanishads (Vedanta: The highest Philosophical truths and principles discovered from vedas are in the Upanishads)
Read about significance of Upanishad here in this link:
- Srimad BhagavadGita ( The complete core essence of All vedas and Upanishad and all other schools of Philosophy of hindu philosophy and mythology)
- The world’s largest Epic Mahabharata and Ramayana
- Six Schools of Hindu Philosophy
1. Brahmsutra (Vedanta) by Sage Vedavyas 2. Samkhya – Sage Kapil Muni 3. Yoga- Sage Patanjali 4. Nyaya – Sage Gotam, 5. Mimansa – Sage Jamini 6. Vaisheshika – Sage Kanada)
- Commentary by Adi Shankara : upon Brahmsutra, 11 Upanishads and Srimad Bhagavad Gita by Adi Guru Shankara along with his Vivek Chudamani.
- Khandankhandkhadyam by Sri Harsha – The most intellectual treaty of Vedanta philosophy till date post Adi Shankara era.
- Bhamati by Vachaspati Mishra– A commentary upon Brahmsutra based on Adi Shankara Advait vedantic philosophy.
- Gaudpadiya KArika by Sri gaudpada – A higly advanced hindu philosophical treaty by revered Grand Guru (Great Grand master of Adi Shankara) and commentary upon this by Adi Shankara.
- Vedanta Sar by Sadananda
- Samkhya Karika by IshvaraKrishna
- Complete works of Sri Aurobindo, especially his Magnum opus the Life Divine and Savitri along with The Synthesis of Yoga, The secrets of the Veda and Essays on the Gita (one among the best commentary of Gita by Paramahansa Yogananda).
- Talks with Ramana Mharshi – Complete works
- Complete works of Swami Vivekannada
- Complete works of Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Complete Works of Paramahansa Yogananda – esp. The God talks to Arjuna- royal science of self realization (commentary upon Srimad Bhagavdgita), the second Coming Of Christ, Autobiography of Yogi.
- Complete works of Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya: He has written about 3000+ books upon various topics of Hindu Philosophy and cultural topic, 50+ books on scientific-spirituality, also wrote commentary upon 4 Vedas, 108 Upanishads, 18 Puranas (Mythological story cum philosophical books), 20 Smritis, one extra Pragya Purana for MOdern Era, and one Upamnishad named Pragyopanishad for modern era.
- Complete Works of Sri Panduranga Shastri Athavale
- Complete works by OSHO RAJNISH
- Next comes, Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, Mahatma Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore, Vinoba Bhave, Paddamodar Satvalekar, Bal Gangadhar Tilak, etc…
If anyone need any of the above (Soft Copy) in English, Hindi or original Sanskrit Texts, can contact me.